Actually the GDC's standard is 13 points for 70% of siblings. According to them 100% is withing 30 points, unless you are dealing with 2E issues.

If one sibling is gifted the other is too. Not necessarily. If you have a MG child of 135IQ the sibling could be at 122IQ and not gifted. So at the lower ranges of the gifted scale maybe it is not so. I highly doubt though that if you have a PG child the sibling would be average although there could be 2E issues that would depress scores making it seem that way.

And I agree to not compare. Here is my story.

DS5.3 tested PG and has always seemed PG academically. H was copying books on the computer right after he turned 3 and started writing his own stories shortly after. Noone taught him how to spell, he just new. He has always gotten up in the morning and worked in his room writing. all he wants to do is write and learn. he past 2 months he has taught himself all about geography. He knows he name of every single country in the world looking at a map with no names of it. Learned about all the mountains, population, countries size etc. He is obsessed to say the least. He is doing long division and multiplication. It is ALL about academics.

Now jump to DS3.2. Although he loves books and could spend hours reading, ask me to do workbooks with him, reads easy sight word readers and knows some simple addition up to 10 he is no way near as interested and obsessed with it like his brother was/is.

The difference in the 2 is the thinking process. DS3's abstract thinking ability is remarkable, his attention to detail seen in various formats or just out and about. Both have always been very observant but DS3 is still more. An example, a couple of months ago DS3 was sitting staring at a picture and asked what something was. I said it is water. Like a beach, and water. He kept staring and asked but what was IN that water then. He gets very obsessed with things like this. DS5 was right there and I could see he looked at the picture clueless to why anybody would ask a question like that. I am sure something like that never crossed his mind.

So completely different children. We might have DS3 tested in a couple of years, or actually we will because of some of his sensory/emotional sensitivities. It will be interesting to see what the difference in IQ will be.

Last edited by 1111; 01/24/13 09:57 AM.