Last year when my son was in 2nd grade the school psycologist gave hime the wisc-iv and told me she had never tested a gifted child before. She could not tell me what his gai was after the test and did not feel it was necessary to look into it. Would her inexperience effect his test scores? How do I determine the gai? He excels in every subject. The school does not know what to do with him but does not feel grade skipping is an option. They think he would need to skip at least a few grades, I agree with that from knowing him but I'm not seeing that from his test score. He scored poorly in the comprehension subtest. At the beginning of the school year he was doing poorly on the comprehension portion of his class tests but then the teacher realized his answers were way outside the box and he has an odd way of looking at things. Not knowing what kind of things are asked on the wisc iv, would this effect his comprehension score? Processing Speed was also considerably lower than other areas?
Also, what does the scaled score (145) vs. composite score mean (134)? What does raw score vs. scaled score mean?
I'm just really at a loss on what to do with him and need help. He constantly wants to learn and study everything but I can only do so much for him at home and he cries about school because they don't give him anything to challenge him.
Please Please advice?