I don't know what to do anymore. My DD5 is refusing to go to school, having extreme tantrums this week. Kicking, screaming, crying, and straightout refusing to get in the car to go to school. Yesterday I had to drive her since I was unable to get her into the carpool car, and today she was all tears again. One more day of school, and then it's vacation time, pff. I have been bribing her to please go to school (with rewards of museum visits).
Last week she had IQ testing in school and this week several days of Achievement testing. She is a perfectionist, and probably gifted (results of tests expected next month). We're hoping for grade acceleration with the test results.
Her reason for refusing school is that a day at home is much more interesting - she can do math, reading, computer, and arts when she wants to. Nevermind that her classmates are working on counting to then while she enjoys addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and fractions. An reading all kinds of books (including my grown-up novels, and the dictionary). Last week she wanted to learn about decimals since hse had seen something like that on a paper. I understand her desire to be home, but for now need her to go to school. She is 5. Any suggestions on bribes or other advice. I dread tomorrow morning trying to get her to school again...