eve- so happy for your DS, at least for now, seems like she is really working with him, i agree with you that she (teacher) seems to be onboard! well done mom!!

*how do you copy/post this in its own box here??
you wrote:::
she still feels that he is doing very well in K because of his confidence, good peer interactions, etc.
and
that is exactly why i wanted my DS6 to stay in kindergarten, having not been before, i felt that was an important foundation for the rest of his educational platform, if ya will smile
idk if you read my posts, but DS is independent study thru district now.

so i am happy to hear this is going well for him, i agree he probably could use more of a challenge, but at least he seems happy smile

re testing- i'm sure his scores will settle many things in your mind, as well as proof for the school as to how to proceed.

re asthma... so sorry about this! i would definitely be calling to remind the school nurse to administer his meds. he is a child, he needs to and will run-- his breathing is not something to mess around with. until he is old enough to advocate for himself and be responsible for inhaler use- yes, call the nurse. soon enough she will not be "forgetting"-
in another setting, say hospital? this forgetfullness would not be tolerated etc, so stay on her.
good luck.

One can never consent to creep when
one feels an impulse to soar!
~Helen Keller