I have never heard of this type of math program, so I looked it up online and it seems very similar to the Everyday Math that they use at our public school.

I will tell you that I am not a fan of Everyday Math. The objective behind it is to get the kids exposed to the fundamental basics of "higher math" so that when they do get to the grade level to focus on a specific type of math, they are familiar with it (instead of overwhelmed or afraid of it) and have the basic tools to work with.

That being said, IMHO, Everday Math uses horrid algorithms to solve simple math problems and make math so much more complicated then it has to be. When my DD was in 1st grade, I spoke to her teacher about it and she said that they enrich (voluntarily) the Everyday Math with old math strategies (carrying and "bigger bottom borrow"), as well as teach them good old fashioned time tables because if they don't learn these skills proficiently by 4th grade then they will be left behind in the dust from 5th grade on up.

That being said, I found a website that thoroughly explains these algorithms that made it easier for me to help her with her homework and took some of that frustration away from doing the math. I would show her how the Everyday Math program wanted the problem solved and then I would show her the old fashioned way to solve the problem and let her pick and choose the way that she felt most comfortable doing the math.

Thankfully her new 3rd grade teacher this year is on board with the enrichment and allowing the old fashioned math to be used (she said as long as DD shows her work, she will accept any method to achieve the correct answer).

Here is a link to explanation of the algorithms, not sure if this is the same as the Bridge Math or not, but just in case it is, thought I would post it for you.

http://instruction.aaps.k12.mi.us/EM_parent_hdbk/algorithms.html