Originally Posted by polarbear
fwiw, I actually like the information and reports that come with the WJ-III better than what we have from the WISC.

Funny, I prefer the other way around smile. Our district also gives the WJ-III Cog for SPED students, and for my kiddo there was a lack of clarity with some subtests involving processing skillls that I'd prefer to separate out (it was a long time ago, but I think it had to do with auditory processing). Also, there was the small matter of the WJ Achievement scores being more than a standard deviation higher than the Cognitive scores - it's not supposed to work that way.

Some of my kids have also had the WISC in private testing, including the one who had the WJ-III Cog at school. He also had the DAS-2. Overall, I prefer the WISC by far, though I am now more familiar with its subtests than the others. Out of curiosity, I'd love for one or two of my kids to try the SB5, if we are trying to maximize score for admission to a program - it always seems to sound more suited to their strengths smile

Last edited by snowgirl; 12/04/12 02:54 PM.