First, try to find out if the school can offer her anything. Do they have a decent gifted program and is it for young kids? Are they willing to accelerate? Talk to some folks with older kids to find out as the school might not offer this information. Even in some great school districts in the Philadelphia area, the gifted program is weak (especially in elementary).

Second, realize that the process in PA can be long and drawn out (just need some patience as there are time limits the school must follow). In many districts (including where I live), the school does anything they can to discourage you during the testing process. My two older kids took pre-tests which suggested they would never hit the FSIQ of 130 or more, and we were encouraged to give up. We asked that they be tested (since we were already about 4 or 5 months into the process) and they both tested above 130. In PA, the school must let the student into the gifted program if FSIQ is 130 or more. Realize that the school might insist upon choosing the IQ test and administering the test (i.e. no outside testing accepted). I don't know much about our district's gifted program for young kids as my girls got the gifted label when they were in 7th grade so they would get automatic admission to a certain class in HS.

Are you in Philadelphia or nearby? I don't know much about Philadelphia schools other than my kids had a few classmates who lived in Philadelphia. This is when my kids were in elementary at a private school. Those kids left the private school after 4th grade and went to Masterman.

Masterman has the highest average SAT scores among Philadelphia public schools. Central has SAT scores above the national average, then pretty much all of the other public schools have below national average scores (Girls High included). Most kids enter Masterman in 5th grade; I understand it is tough to get in after 5th. I would certainly try for Masterman if I lived in the city.

If you live in the suburbs, then it depends upon where you are. There are some great districts with a lot of high achieving, bright kids. However, even in those districts, the classes might not be challenging until middle or high school. In one of the good districts, however, your child will have some intellectual peers, even if she is not challenged in class. As she moves into middle school, there is also the opportunity for academic competitions, clubs, sports, etc.

Of course, when my middle kid was 4 years old I declared that she was not college material, so this is coming from someone who was not looking at gifted programs or worrying about challenge when my kids were your child's age. Good luck, don't give up and offer her challenges and activities outside of school.