Hi all, I haven't been around for a while, but yet again, I'm stressed out and I'm back! I am a homeschooling mother of 3 aged 6.5 - 1. Although I've asked about homeschooling, I do suspect this happens with other children. (Or I'm hoping so.)

Anyway, I have found my family needs routines and rhythms. We are sort of unschooly, sort of not, but well, I find it all works as long as I am completely on top of it.

But everything is negotiation, argument, constantly wearing me down!

The middle one needs to go outside every day or he turns feral, but I can't just have the routine that we go outside. Oh no! I have to cojole him out the door every {Expletive} day! And if I don't, he is awful to be around, and if I try any stricter approaches, that blows up too. Ditto the oldest and work. And the youngest and nappy changes.

I am exhausted, and what happens is that sooner or later my willpower and stamina run out, the whole thing blows up and then it's even more work to get it going again.

So how do I get off this rollercoaster? How do I get things to a sustainable place?