We are rapidly heading down a path to a DCD diagnosis, a slight turn from the dysgraphia diagnosis we were expecting. It is all beginning to make sense and pieces are falling into place. We have a few more tests with a neuropsych to find out if it is actually both, or just one, but she is confident it is at least DCD. A separate physical therapist evaluation today also said "Do you have a DCD diagnosis? If not, you should get a referral for that."

So, I've read piles on dysgraphia in the last six months, but not a lot on DCD. My DS is the classic clumsy kid, bull in a china shop. If I had a dollar for every time I've said "Be aware of your body, watch the wall, be careful of that glass" I would be able to buy us ALL neuropsych evals :-)

What accommodations do you have in place for this? We are currently homeschooling but considering returning to school next year (6th grade). Beyond the normal dysgraphia accommodations like typing, extended time on tests etc- I'm mostly concerned about non-writing related tasks. What about PE for example?