Thanks for your reply! Our goal is to go into the meeting with some clear suggestions. Our DD8 was accelerated in Kindergarten into 1st grade reading, then for some reason in 1st grade she remained with her class. 1st grade was an absolutely horrible year for her, so we were preoccupied with what was going on and not worried so much about her going to 2nd grade for reading. It was at the end of her 1st grade year that we spent our own money to get psychoeducational testing done to rule out ADD/ADHD since the school was certain that was the problem. Her 1st grade teacher even said she felt DD6 (at that time) was ODD or had conduct disorder. We wanted to rule these things out and so we had her tested. Soooooo glad we did because even though we knew she was smart we didn't really know just how smart she is until they explained the test results to us. We were also able to rule out any disorder. She was just very bored in class and frustrated at having to repeat simple tasks over and over that she already knew. We have been fighting for accommodations since then and have felt we weren't doing enough for our child. Now that the time has come to get some accommodations in writing through an IEP it is almost overwhelming. We want to make sure we cover everything in the meeting and are afraid we will forget something. I've been looking on this forum for a while. There are so many things I can learn from everyone that has already been in our shoes. Believe me..I'm taking notes and want to thank everyone who puts their story out there for everyone to read - it really helps! We plan to ask why she was accelerated in Kindergarten for reading, but then didn't get to continue that accommodation in 1st, 2nd and now 3rd grade. I read Genius Denied and took lots of notes from that book and glad you mentioned A Nation Deceived because I just got that book from the library and plan to dive into it tonight. Thanks again!