Originally Posted by jack'smom
We had our P/T conference today for our second grader. I really like his teacher- she is very organized and nice. Basically, all she told us was that he is at grade level.
I finally told her, well, the book he reads outloud to me is listed at 3.5 grade level and he reads it easily! She smiled. I told her he can easily add and subtract 3-digit numbers and knows some multiplication. She looked like she didn't believe me.
I finally told her that his IQ (on the RIAS IQ test) was clocked at 160, and all she could say was that it was neat how they could test kids in first grade with their IQ!!
This sounds exactly like my P/T conference! I actually had 2 today (second with gifted pull-out program teacher). I was told that DD6 (second grade as well) is awesome and where she is supposed to be. I did not bring up any of her scores or achievements (that sounds exactly like your son's) but did ask how is that she scores 100% on majority of tests given by school if this class is actually at her level? wink Well, we agreed that her regular classroom teacher would try to get her and couple other kids to do "word problems" that supposed to be challenging for them and pull out teacher said that she will talk to regular teacher about test results. I was actually asked what I would like them to do for her... Which left me speechless for a few seconds there due to many reasons... I am still waiting for MAP testing though before bringing heavy artillery on them cool