Thank you so much Cricket2, jack'smom, HowlerKarma and ljoy for the information and views! Helped a lot. Given the views, I do see the advantage of getting better scores and getting into a better college. Therefore, I am thinking whether DS should do the SAT again, since this is his first try and he is probably more familiar with the format now.

The only worry about college is, as HowlerKarma mentioned, his executive skills. He is currently attending college classes for academic writing, math and programming. I finished both Algebra I and II with him last year while he was homeschooling, together with Grade 12 Geography, History and Literature.

I found the information from Duke informative and I think he has some work on Critical Reading to do, and work on the essay part as he did not finish his SAT essay. DS has eye tracking problems but because his comprehension is good, the psychologist told us he is able to compensate that. He tends to skip lines. I am not sure if that lowered his CR score.

He has had sufficient problems in school since he was eight, being suspended at least 20 times. These have made me homeschool him for a year and look to teach him other things while he gets suspended each time. The strange thing is that in the college environment, he has little interactions with the older students and no problem with professors or peers. And to answer Cricket2, he was also kept out of the gifted classroom and disallowed grade-skipping in the former school because he was disruptive. It has been almost impossible for him to be compliant in any grade level classroom so far. In this new grade school, they offered him Grade 10. DS refused to grade skip because of his massive anxiety problem as a result of traumatic schooling experiences. He is uncomfortable mixing with Grade 10 or Grade 11 teenagers, who are 4 years older.

Having observed him in a school setting and in the university, and given his traumatic experiences in schools, he seems to be more at ease in the university setting, but happier to play with his peers.

Given the advice here, I am thinking of buying some SAT books, help him along and prepare for Dec tests and perhaps aim to dual enrol him in a more elite university and a high school(for social interactions). I'd appreciate any view. Your views and sharing had been most thought provoking and helpful.