I have been a group leader and SSA for an online group for EPGY for the last few years. It has always been, and will continue to be open to anyone who wants to enroll from the Davidson Forum and The Well Trained Mind. I am not here as often, I now homeschool my all my children so much of the discussion regarding PS situations is no longer relevant to my situation. I try to post to update others about it each year and many people find me on the WTM after searching old posts here regarding EPGY.

Years ago a group of us got together when EPGY was first started the OE (Open Enrollment Program)so that we could enroll our children. I took the training from EPGY, and became the SSA for the group. EPGY OE offers the same math and language arts program that is offered in the individual program with the parent acting as the tutor/teacher and an SSA acting as a liason with EPGY. The OE program is a significant cost saving (currently it is $135 for 10 months of access to both program, math K-Intro to Algebra and LAW 2-6)for those with younger children that would not have the need the tutor or the certificate of completion offered in the individual program. I have continued to accept students since that time. This year EPGY sent out a survey requesting input from the families involved in the OE program, that is the point of the post, looking for input.

Parents who wish to enroll a student have been asked PM me here, or on the WTM under the same username, supply the parent full name, student last name, and an email address that I can contact you at and I will forward the registration information to you. As before, students of parents active on this forum and on WTM are given priority over those who just happen across these posts while searching online. You can also search on the EPGY OE site to see if a group already exists for your area. HTH. smile To date our group has brought this program to over 300 students.

Last edited by melmichigan; 10/17/12 10:44 AM.

EPGY OE Volunteer Group Leader