I've been reading current and past threads on advocacy for differentiation in school, so I don't want BTDTs to have to repost the same advice once again. I so appreciate the advice that's been given.

But what I'm unclear about is what should I specifically ask to happen for ds in school? My ds is a just-turned 6 K-er who is doing well socially and a serious people-pleaser in class (I think going stealth with most of his advanced learning). This school's curriculum is VERY basic in Kindy (pretty much PreK with some journal writing thrown in). There is a workload and responsibility jump in first. He complains that the work is too easy, that he is bored in school, and that 'there's nothing for me to learn'.

There is no GT services available. We are having the meeting because I requested achievement testing. His principal and teacher seem extremely nice and truly caring, so I don't expect a tense meeting - even if they 'nicely' tell me I'm crazy or something. I really do think they are both invested in the welfare of their students and my ds.

I know I want their advice on grade-skipping ds (though he doesn't seem for it - so I hate to push for that- he's a creature of comfort and likes the friends in his class). But what are other reasonable requests beyond assessment? He is reading around 2-3rdish grade, doing simple multiplication/division, enjoys 'algebraic' equations with adding/subtracting, but does not have advanced hand-writing or spelling skills.

What types of things did they do with your advanced learner during classtime?

Thus far, I have sent level-appropriate reading for 'rest time' but haven't sent anything else aimed at his level since I haven't discussed it with the teacher.