Ahhhh, yes. My DD was one of those non-girly girl types, too.

Trixie Belden mysteries-- may be a bit of a reach at the moment, but bear those in mind.

Mouse and the Motorcycle-- really, the Beverly Cleary options are very good, here. wink

Yes to the Boxcar Children.

Mary Poppins? Wizard of Oz?

DD also really loved the Captain Underpants books at that age.

She also ran through Magic Treehouse and Cam Jansen books about then-- but for heaven's sakes, don't BUY those. (Sorry... just really irked me that DH would BUY them for DD, when she polished them off in just an hour or two...)

The TimeWarp Trilogy.

Mrs. PiggleWiggle!! (Fair warning, though-- this mostly appeals to children like mine who have been raised in snark immersion environments... blush )

Sideways School books

The Great Brain

Benedict Society

Maude Hart Lovelace

Roald Dahl. (With the same caution as Mrs. P-W-- he appeals to some kids WAY more than to others. DD is a huge Dahl fan, but she has always been drawn to darker stuff in some ways)

The Series of Unfortunate Events (DD got books 1-7 for Christmas one year, which was at that point up to publication date).

This was about the time I quit worrying about reading level and just encouraged DD to read-read-read whatever she liked/wanted which was still more or less age-appropriate.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.