DS6 is in first grade, and has been devouring the Junie B. Jones books. We have been taking regular trips to the public library to get them, since the librarian at school thinks she is too young for chapter books. (Don't even get me started on that issue). Anyway, she is getting to the point that she reads 3-4 of them PER DAY, and consistently makes 100% on her AR tests. So I think she's ready for something a bit more challenging. Any suggestions? It seems that most "girl" books for that level are either frivolous (kid fashion designers, etc) or magical (fairies, etc.) She has no interest in fantasy or typical "girly" things like fashion or babysitting or those sorts of things. She also isn't much of a fan of scary, so the Goosebumps books are out. She did enjoy the "My America" series, but has read almost all of them now. If it helps, her AR level is between a 3.1 and a 4.6. At least it was a month ago when she was tested. May be higher now. And honestly, even if it's above her level, I'm okay with that as long as she enjoys it!

Last edited by Michelle6; 10/02/12 04:44 AM.