Trust me, our brick and mortar schools are NOT where Wolf needs to be. I've cared for multiple children who have gone through the local school. I WISH we lived somewhere with a good school system set up for smart kids, but we simply don't and it's not in my ability to change that at the moment.

In his Independent Study program he is taking US History with a group of children (mostly 8th graders) as well as conversational Spanish and Study Hall. He's getting classroom face time and enrichment classes. We also work on sign language at home, he is in a good martial arts program and are looking into ways to fund music lessons.

As for depth rather than acceleration, Wolf works through the school book and we research everything he's interested in as we go along. With him is really is an issue of finding enough information to throw at him.

He can write, as in organize thoughts, create a properly structured paragraph, etc. He has done Nanowrimo now for three years and has had a college English professor tell me he writes better than students she has starting in her class. The problem is that he doesn't like to write and gives up on it. I have the same issue in that my typing doesn't come close to the speed of my thoughts. I've learned to deal with it over time, but I remember how screamingly frustrating it was as a child.

I really do appreciate all the suggestions. I'm flailing about trying to figure out what to do next. All of this is helping me think and sort it out.