Thanks! I'm sure the kids will find friends so I'm not as concerned with that as DH. He's worried about her being the new kid, etc. I just hesitate to move her from a teacher I like so far and then have her bond with a new friend that will need a car ride to get to the house anyway.

I guess once we get moved I need to do some research on whether the GT clustered classes are full at the new school, etc. I don't want to move her to a situation where she isn't in class with the others getting pulled out vs being with a clustered group if we left her alone.

We will likely move her next year so DH is thinking might as well move her now or after xmas. I'm thinking the devil you know. It's more about the specific teacher to me than the school. Her current teacher will really help on writing I think. I like what she said at parent night wrt structured paragraphs, etc. I was not impressed with older DDs writing instruction from the same school. Again it's all about the teacher. Not so worried about Math since we can work that at home and we are plenty mathy smile.

I'd love to hear experiences positive or negative of people who have moved mid-year with 3-4th graders....