Just looking for some ideas on this one. We are moving to a new house very close to the old one but in a different elementary zone for DD7 (3rd grade). Both schools are excellent. We could stay at the current school but DH feels strongly about meeting kids in the neighborhood.

I feel less stressed about continuing at the school we know because I know the teachers/principal, etc. since my older DD was at that school. Older DD loves the teacher DD7 got for this year and GT teacher is awesome. We know people who have gone to the new school as well but nothing specific about teachers or curriculum or general feel of the school. It seems like my kids end up making their best buddies in another neighborhood anyways. (Note: usually more than one neighborhood is in the same elementary around here). These are all very subjective reasons.

I just wondering if anyone could contribute other thoughts to my inner debate since I find the chances of DD7 finding a best buddy right next door very low. Her best buddy is in the new neighborhood but goes to a spanish immersion program somewhere else anyways smile...

Just another note, this is DD7 first year at PS as she was at private before. She will be the youngest most likely as she was early entry for K and her bday is no where near the cutoff date....

Thanks for thoughts, everyone usually has good input.