I like Cathy's idea a whole lot.

I was pleased with our experience at the Gifted Development Center, where we had DD tested last year (she was 6 at the time; they're the ones who said she was one of the most introverted kids they had ever tested). I knew she was shy but had no idea it was that extreme (since I was/am the same way lol). After spending a good deal of time warming up, DD ended up giving most of her answers through a stuffed animal, a bunny that happened to be there. This testing place prides itself on being able to get such kids to reveal what they know.

So I guess my advice would be to concentrate on finding the right tester - that can make all the difference. And then of course discuss the SM issue before you even agree to have them do the testing. I'm not sure, beyond simply calling around and asking the testers' questions, how you find the right one. Good luck finding that exact right person!!

smile
p.s. as an update on my DS5 - he just started weekly OT with a "motor group", a very small group of kids and the therapist, and for the second week in a row he sat by the door and did nothing but observe. This is in spite of the fact that I promised him he didn't even have to talk to her, he just had to do what she said. I'm so frustrated, since getting him there is a logistical pain in the rear, and it's all for nothing.