DS4, currently in Kindergarten for his 4th week. So far I have just left it alone. Wanting them to get into the swing of things before I approach. Also I wanted to give them a chance to see a bit for themselves what he can do.

Ds is happy BUT, last night he said something that makes me think I will have to do some adjustment here eventually. He expressed "Kindergarten is too easy for me. Why didn't you let me skip it?"
I try to explain that there ARE things he will learn in class and we will get him some more advanced materials in math and reading.

Point is, your DS is happy. He is probably just goofing off for now with pretending to not know his stuff. That will wear off. The only issue I have with just cruising until 3rd grade, and I might be wrong about this, is that everything will come so easily that once things are stepped up he will balk from not being used to any challenges. Or he will just lose the excitement to learn from not getting stimulated.
I completely agree with St Paulie Girl on the issue of perfectionism. I see it already in my DS. This is why I am glad we have him enrolled in Kumon math. He will say things like "I like doing it, but I don't like to have to work" Meaning it provides somewhat of a challenge, which is new to him, and it bothers him that he has to put effort into it.

Again, just my opinion.

Last edited by 1111; 09/11/12 10:19 AM.