Don't take this wrong. I hear what you're saying & in some ways I agree.
But.

Nowadays there are several colleges that are for young gifted teenagers with similar level of giftedness. Pushing through time, or advancing through grades until you a good fit educationally, is not the road to isolation. There is a lot of opposite beliefs about accelerating your child's education. If you're still reading this just ask and I'll summerize some of the research and provide links against the belief that "pushing ahead" your child's education is the same as making them grow up too fast. The main thing you need to know is that nowadays there are options for a much deeper education for gifted children who are accelerated when they become teenagers. It's not necessary that they become an adult right away. They get to meet with other gifted teenagers and get a deeper education. The second thing you need to know is that by holding back your gifted child you are not "keeping them from growing up too fast", you are starving them from getting their needs met, in my opinion.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar