Enrichment is language arts is so much trickier than in math, IMHO. I was facing the same question for DD8 DYS (based on her PG level VCI) for the upcoming year. DD did not want to grade skip and the school was very reluctant to subject accelerate her in LA due to logistics and the dreaded "We've never done that before." DD's school wanted her to have enrichment but without changing their program at all, so I had to design a plan for her myself.

After considering my options I got the school to agree to let her do two online classes during school time. Making up the lost class time will be no problem for her (just 2 hours/week).

DD will start a literature and grammar class through OnlineG3 at the end of this month. She will take the class in the library through her personal computer. I have no idea if it will work or how it will work but it's a start. She has already read half of the assigned books (Tom Sawyer, Swiss Family Robinson, All Creatures Great and Small) and they are much more on her level than the assigned third grade reading. Hope this helps.