Thanks to you both.

I do realise that she's always going to have much weaker spelling than reading, she's got terrible phonemic awareness, no doubt related to the CAPD, she's dyslexic, she has had to have every phonetic rule drilled painstakingly into her 1:1 (and now knows them all but just applies one randomly rather than knowing what goes into which word). We'll do our best but she's unlikely to ever be great at spelling. She's just been moved from a private school that provided exceptional special ed support to a public, so she's going to get no support at all now, beyond what I provide at home. Hopefully I will be able to do enough for her.

As for whether it matches the kid I see. I don't know. I certainly don't think she's up to a deep understanding of high school text no, in part because her social comprehension is not there. I do think her reading ability and comprehension is probably way under estimated at school because her reading aloud is still poor and her poor social comprehension often gets mistaken for reading comprehension issues.

Last year's DORA I looked at and thought "Yep, that seems fairly likely to be in the ball park". This year I just don't know. I would like to think she's made progress but that's a) A LOT of progress in one year for a kid with some big issues and b) higher than I find believable.

She has always had that visual spatial gifted kid thing of being really good at guessing on computer based tests. She managed to find every single fun thing Starfall had to offer without ever learning a single intended lesson.

Ok I have just tried looking up the lexiles of recently read and enjoyed books and she's definitely comfortably reading in the mid 800s, I am sure that she COULD read above that level with comprehension, but not with comfort for pleasure, she has a book on her bed at the moment that is probably around mid 800s level that she gave up on because she was daunted by the length. She's able to read quite fast now but still somewhat disabled by what she believes she can do. So it is hard to know... It's hard to judge what she COULD do when she is not inclined to stretch herself at all and is daunted by what she believes will be hard to read.