Would your son advocate for himself? I attended a bullying workshop by our local parent advocacy training center. They taught us some great phrases to use in the face of bullies and I think they might be powerful with a teacher, too.

1st...."The rule is don't say unkind things to others." or "The rule is be kind."

2nd...."I don't like being teased like that. Please stop saying those unkind things to me."

I know Mite would loathe saying such things, but Rite has stood up to a couple of snotty teachers.

The other option is to have him write a letter quoting what she said..."I understood you to say, 'insert insult'. I am confused because you have told us to be kind to others, but this comment was unkind to me. I don't like being teased like that. Please stop saying those unkind things to me, even if you war just kidding."

Another option...document document document then send a letter to her and the principal regarding the insults and tell them you expect them to stop even if they are meant in humor.

then, my favorite option....go into her, put your thumbs in your ears and flap your fingers like antlers and shout, NyaNya BooHOO you are a BULLY. Then say, "just kidding" grab your kiddo and run like heck!!

:^)

Willa Gayle