Another thankful...seeing some light ahead

Mite's SPED teacher cornered me yesterday to spill out excitedly how much FUN she was having working with Mite!!!!! She said he was such a challenge to figure out, but she thinks she has some ideas. She showed him how to mind map for a "thankful" essay he had to write last week. He, of course, had about 35 things he wanted to be thankful for so she wanted him to narrow it down. He did and then she scribed while he composed a darling essay. It was about 7 paragraphs (his own handwritten draft was 5 lines), beautiful ideas and good enough grammar and puncutation. His oral spelling was fantastic. She ran back to the room to get the essay to show me. It really was sweet and thoughtful and well done. And HER handwriting was very attractive 8^)!! She says she is enjoying the challenge and creativity she is being allowed to use to develop a program for him. And she also said he's a joy to work with.

That's such an improvement over a few weeks ago!!!

I've been told the principal really gave the team a dressing down regarding their resistance in helping Mite.

bless him!!!!

We're still waiting to see the accomodations in the classroom. I'm giving it 2 weeks from the last IEP meeting. So, that means one more week before the whale blows!!! There has been a tremendous increase in homework since that meeting. My impression is the classroom teacher thinks that will be the answer to "providing more time for assignments".

Willa Gayle