If I recall correctly it was about 12,000.00 British Pounds a year which depending on the exchange rate is roughly $24,000.00, add to that 3 round trip plane tickets a year...

My best friend is sending her 2 DDs there currently and I believe that is what she said she was paying for each of them but that could include the 10% discount for former Summerhillians.

(Edited to add: I just heard back from my friend and she said its around 3,000.00 British Pounds a semester for the younger pupils and 4,700.00 for the older ones with a discount for siblings (3 semesters a year) I think it gets more expensive as they get older because they eat more and they getget a higher weekly allowance (pocket money) which is included.)

One cool benefit beyond freedom and a happy childhood is a worldwide network of lifetime friends and an exposure to many cultures, the development of critical thinking and leadership skills. There is a cool drama now on youtube that was made about the school's battle with Ofsted that give a little peak into the heart of the school