Hello Amma, welcome. I don't know anything about these particular programs, but I'll offer some general opinions. That's an awful lot of money for preschool. I don't think that there is a whole lot of need to pay for gifted schooling, or much formal schooling of any kind for that matter, at age 4. There is so much that you can do at home. At that age, I would encourage doing a lot of child-led activities. Go to museums, zoos, libraries, etc. They also have great classes that your child may enjoy. Spend time outside. You know what your child likes, follow her lead and have fun.

As for waiting until 3rd grade for GT services, it depends on your child's needs. Some GT kids need more at an earlier age, and I think the usual 3rd grade start of many GT programs is arbitrary. What do the schools in your area look like?

The church based preschool sounds pretty fun. It sounds like you do need day care, so I guess I'd just recommend going to visit both places, and other options if available, and see how you think your child will fit in. Are they both full-time programs?

sorry, rambling...