Hi Friends,
This is my first post. Please provide your guidance.

I am full time mom.My daughter just turned 4. As her day care was closing, I went to Gifted School- Quest Academy,Palatine. I never expected her to pass their test. According to me she is just normal kid. I dont she is the brainy kid who is into puzzles or math.
Surprisingly She passed and they gave admission into Quest for Fall 2012 into pre-k
There was near by church based preschool that friends recommended that has lot of hands on activities, like pony rides,Swimming,Soccer,Baking and has huge facility, Teachers at that church school are trained in ther church college or something. They dont teach bible, but they focus on values.

I am so torn between spending the extra 8k/per year on this gifted academy or save it for college. We are not religious, but we are fine with teaching basic values .

How important do you think is gifted academys add value at pre-k level, Cant we do the same at 3rd grade? I am an engineer and I sometimes think I can teach a lot at home, But After work, Daily chores, I dont think I have tonns of patience to sit for couple of hours to make a 4 yr old work.

Did anyone consider enrolling into these two schools?

Thanks
Confused Mom!