I don't know whether this is going to make sense or not but will give it a go.

My son is turning 6 next month, as a result of the sb5 placing him on the 99.8th percentile with a iq of 143, he will be skipping grade 1 and going straight to grade 2.

We got him tested because one day he repeated word for word (almost perfectly) a chapter book that i had started to read to his sister! He had only had this book for a week so memorised it pretty quickly lol! We had always though that he was 'bright' but in saying that i made a concentrated effort to teach him
to read when he was 2, and as an earky childhood teacher have always had a strong focus on education!

He is in preprimary now, one of the oldest in the class and socially he is fine. Gets on well with everyone!

My question, longwinded :-) , is that he seems so normal - how is this possible? Everyone else i have spoken to with gifted kids tell me all about their little quirks, and their struggles, and how different their kids seem etc etc etc. Yes
my son is bright lol but i just don't see anything else there! Of course the memorising th chapter book is huge so i am pretty sure the tester got ut right but how s my son soooo normal? Is he underachieving?, should i be doing more with him? I can't seem to find anything to really spark his interest....
He us struggling a little at school because he hates hates hates writing, and we are trying to work n that otherwise he won't get the grade skip next year... but i am wondering if he even needs that??