Hmmm. I'm with the others. What does your DD want to do? We had some experience considering a brand new charter school that sounded awesome in the preliminary planning stages. It was going to be all STEM, and I volunteered on the hiring committee. This school also didn't yet have a lease anywhere. In the midst of the hiring process, the founding Board members had disagreements as to the direction of the school, things changed, and several Board members resigned and were replaced with people of a different focus. The school ended up moving to an entirely different location, much further than we could have driven. I'm not sure how it's doing now, but I see it's still in existence. So I guess my warning is to beware of the first year of any charter school. Could be great, but there are lots of unknowns.

Also, our local district has the same policy as polarbear's: if your kid was out-of-district and wanted to come back, the local district has to take him back. Check with your local district. If our kiddo ever needed to leave his close-to-my-work out-of-district school, I know for sure we'd have a place in our local district.

Good luck making your decision. It is nice to have a choice, anyway, but hard to make a decision.