At our IEP meeting this year the school agreed to allow DS12 move ahead in Math and Science placements for next year. After our meeting, they started backing down from the Science placement. I believe some of it had to due with the High School guidance counselor. She clearly was not on board with any of our plans despite some of them already being approved by the principal. She kept going on and on about his age, what was the hurry, it's never been done before, this is the class for our top students, on and on …yada yada ya. She suggested DS could skip 8th grade Science if he took Biology in 8th grade but then would have to repeat it in 9th to get the Honors track. WHAT??? In her infinite wisdom, she decided to take DH and I down to the office of the head of the Science Dept. Her plan was to have the Dept. Head to "explain" to us "the moronic parents" why DS12 could not be in Honors Biology as 8th grader. The Head of the Science Dept. took one look at his ACT scores and said,"if he can test out of it I have no problem with it."

He took the test yesterday. He out scored the 8th and 9th graders trying to get into Honors Biology!!! HA! We definitively have Honors Biology and Honors Algebra 2 next year!!! laugh