Hi all. My DGS6 met with the neuropsych on Monday. It went very well. She didn't do much additional testing, since we had quite a lot done already. She "got" my DGS and his dad and our whole family. She ruled out ASD of any kind. The school had concerns about hand flapping and some noises. She says all her gifted kids make the same hand motions. She thinks it's just a coping mechanism for the speed of their brains and to combat boredom.

She is putting together recommendations for us and for the school and we will get those in a couple of weeks. She took all her observations and all the previous psych and educational testing and is evaluating them as a whole to put together recommendations.

We were thrilled. She is very smart, very personable and took the time to speak to DS and DGS each separately and won them both over. Preliminarily we are looking at anxiety (we knew that), probable ADHD, and maybe a SLD in reading. So, we are definitely looking at counseling, but I don't know yet about school accommodations.

She is an hour and a half from us, and doesn't want to us to drive that far for weekly counseling. (My boys trust her, so we will, of course!) The part that impressed me is that she said she writes her recommendations so that "if they don't know what they're doing, I will tell them what to do and how I want it done." It was such a pleasure to find someone who cares, who "gets" gifted and twice exceptional kids and understands that schools need very specific, detailed recommendations.

It went far better than I had ever hoped and I am looking forward to her recommendations. Hope is a wonderful thing!

leahchris