Hello,
My daughter is in second grade. Youngest in her class, still only 7, will turn 8 over summer. She was selected for Gifted testing. She did not meet the cut-off scores. She needed:
CogAT, level B Quantitative of 71%, got 75%
CogAT, level B NonVerbal Battery of 88%, got 93%
CTP4 - Math Subtest of 65%, only got 57%

I would appeal because she came home from lunch after the test with the flu and a high fever. Missed 5 days of school after test.

She has California Achievement Test Scores placing her in the 98th percentile and a Grade Equivalent of 4.2

I feel I should appeal. She is bored in class. She does not try hard because it's not challenging. Her teacher is not supportive. She feels that her timed test scores warrant holding her in the regular program. I have tried to explain that is due to immaturity (7 yr) and that she has knowledge the timed test facts, just gets nervous on the "timed" part of the test. When presented with new, more challenging material, she picks it up quickly after a few tries. She has basic knowledge of multiplication and subtraction. I have asked to have her re-test but that is not an option. The only option is to appeal to have her scores over-ruled by a panel of Gifted Board Members.

What are you opinions? I am a ball of nerves. I should mention that I have older children who have thrived in the gifted programs.