[quote=Jai]I feel like it is becoming a battle of the wills, and I am very frustrated.
quote]

Neither of my older boys were trained before 3. And to be honest, that was fine with me because I did not want to deal with months of accidents. When they finally were trained, it was pretty much 100%, only a handful of accidents each. Some of my friends who pushed the issue much earlier spent months dealing with accidents and, ultimately, I'd guess their kids were not fully potty trained that much before mine. (Alot were of course and supposedly boys train later than girls, which seems to be true in my social group).

My 2nd DS is the most stubborn and this is what I did with him, don't know if it will help in your situation or not. I set up a reward system with something he cared about getting, and then pretended like I didn't care if he did it or not. Do it, get the reward. Don't do it, don't get the reward. Either way doesn't matter to me!

I think it took away the battle of wills and made him feel like it was his choice. And it did seem to work. But it can be hard to pretend that you don't care! lol