Originally Posted by elh0706
Last night he was very upset to the point of tears to find out that he had changed an answer from what we think was probably correct to an incorrect answer because he overthought it. I have been really amazed at how many of the multiple choice answers could be correct depending on how you read the question even on the practice pages he brought home during the review.

The pressure they are putting on the kids for these tests is terrifying. DS's understanding is that if his class doesn't do well, his teacher will lose her job. I keep trying to tell him that these tests are a test for the school that creates the school's report card. He needs to do the best he can, but not get too worked up over them.

We are going through the same thing. The teachers at DD's school have gotten the kids so worked up about this SAT/OLSAT testing, and it's just ridiculous. I know it matters to some extent, but it's not worth that. For us, it is a little high stakes because we do need DD to score well to qualify for gifted services. I know she's going to miss some questions, though, mostly due to overthinking. I just HATE standardized testing! The kids would do so much better if the teachers would lighten up a little.

Next week the kids have to take the ARMT (a state reading and math test). I don't know how much more of this I can take!

Hugs to your DS. My DD is a perfectionist, too, and she hates to get anything wrong. She missed a vocabulary word yesterday on the SAT, and she was really upset about it.