We are currently going through our state tests (PSSA's). Everynight, DS is asking us verbatim questions from his test to try and see if he picked the RIGHT choice out of the couple of reasonable (to him) options. Last night he was very upset to the point of tears to find out that he had changed an answer from what we think was probably correct to an incorrect answer because he overthought it. I have been really amazed at how many of the multiple choice answers could be correct depending on how you read the question even on the practice pages he brought home during the review.

However, I have to talk to his school also. DS has the idea that if he misses even 1 question he has to repeat the entire concept next year. I really don't know if this is true. It somehow seems extreme. The pressure they are putting on the kids for these tests is terrifying. DS's understanding is that if his class doesn't do well, his teacher will lose her job. I keep trying to tell him that these tests are a test for the school that creates the school's report card. He needs to do the best he can, but not get too worked up over them. I'm really glad today is the last day of testing.