My principal recently presented me with a challenge, as our county is currently in limbo in regards to our current elementary school gifted model. SHe has asked me to develop an new model to use in our school, and if she and the leadership team like it, I can lead it! This is an incredibly exciting opportunity, but not one that I take lightly. She already wants to utilize one gifted teacher per grade level and have them pull the gifted kids on that grade level each day for approx. 30 minutes to work on critical/logical thinking activities. Her first thought is to continue our pull-out model, but change the curriculum. In the past 20 years it has been enrichment in random subject areas, such as medieval times, space, etc. None of which match the students' curriculum. My initial thought is to develop units based on each grade level's science and social studies standards and take the kids deeper into them. I could pull them one day per week full day, or two days per week half day. I am wide open to any and all suggestions, as I very much want to do the right thing by these kids! Please help!