So... had an appt yesterday w/the counselor DS's been seeing, but she wasn't able to make it (her house was hit by a tornado last month!) so her new assistant person (I didn't catch her credentials) saw us. She was going over his file and what all they've done and whatnot, and just off-hand stated they thought he has Aspergers and so they wanted to do XYZ... this is the first I had heard that! I'm guessing the counselor had been suspecting it and put it in the file, but hadn't planned on saying anything yet? We've known DS has some Aspy-type things, but we never seriously considered that as a diagnosis...

Today we had our initial consult (just DH and I) with the Neuropsychologist... she asked a lot of questions and as she was asking I realized she was asking Aspergers symptom questions and that nearly all the answers were 'yes'.

The appoint for DS's eval/testing is a month out now (unless there's a cancellation), so we'll have to wait until after that to see what she's got to say. We really liked her, btw. smile

We are also still waiting on the school... from what I've gotten out of DS, he's met w/the school psychologist once and met twice and did testing with the diagnostician (I'm guessing from what DS has said that she did the Kaufman tests (K-TEA & K-BIT), but we'll see.

So, here's to more waiting!

Also, anyone out there with a gifted/Aspy kid that didn't get a diagnosis until later on?

~amy