Hi all,

My PG dd6, can read pretty much anything but we're struggling to find books with content she is comfortable with. She went through a phase of loving thing like the Harry Potter and Septimus Heap series', but is currently mid-existential crisis (she enters this phases every now and again) and is very uncomfortable with anything to do with death, blood or illness. As a result I am REALLY struggling to find anything for her to read that she can really get in to. The high fantasy books are too unconfortable at the moment, the books about social stuff seem to be pitched either too high (with strong romance or some sexual references)or too low ('you're not invited to my party', 'oh no, what will I do?!'). She's done with the Judy Moody/Clarice Bean kinds of books. She was getting in to some classics - the Secret Garden and so on, but so many of them have sickly characters or dying parents and now she's suspicious of them all. I thought some non-fiction might work, but she's just not a 'fact' kind of kid.

I'm not sure what's left! Any tips?

"If children have interest, then education will follow" - Arthur C Clarke