Thank you all so very much for taking the time to reply! This is very helpful. I have been avoiding bringing it up until asked, and will continue to do so.. But with the end of the school year coming up, and some dinners out with friends coming up, I know it will get asked sooner or later. I love your replies with a quick response and a change of subject! I agree that if this makes them want to stop being friends, then there's nothing I can do about it, and they weren't good friends anyway. That's just sad though..

Up until now I have avoided the awkwardness of answering questions about his abilities by minimizing them. But, I just read through the thread regarding what our parents did wrong/right, and I've realized that if he overhears me minimizing his achievements, then I will contribute to his low self-esteem... And he might hold that with him through adulthood Iike some of the posters.

So for now I will avoid it until asked, then answer honestly and briefly, then quickly change the subject! Thank you all so much for your support. It is hard when, because of these issues, we have no one to talk to and have been keeping this "secret" for so long. I'm glad I found this forum!

Chelle