Do you know when the CRCT results come in? I am left wondering about the principals statement re placing based upon CRCT results means that there will be a group of 6th graders placed in honors 7th English, or if she's just putting you off. You might ask for more clarity on that point - even if you know she's just putting you off smile

I also might be tempted to talk to the GT staff at your current school (the pull-out teacher?) before responding to the principal - get his/her take on whether or not you will be successful in your request, as well as getting their input on the likelihood of your dd being successful with the subject acceleration (you don't need that for *you*, but if you've had the discussion and it's favorable you can use that as additional evidence supporting your request).

I'd also consider (and I'm not sure on this - this is just a thought! - and whether or not I approached it this way would depend partly on what the gifted pull-out teacher told me about the middle school) - first, responding a thank-you to the middle school principal, then sending the bulk of what you've written to the gifted department staff person at the middle school rather than the principal, and asking if they concur your dd would be a good candidate for 7th grade Honors English. After you have her feedback, then send the details to the principal, cc'ing the gifted department staff. Or maybe it's better in your district to make the appeal through the central head of Gifted Services? Sorry I'm rambling... just thinking out loud about perhaps a different way to approach rather than right away going back to the principal, as the principal sounds disinterested or adamant on waiting for the CRCT scores.

Good luck!

polarbear