Thanks for the feedback! I would not have known to follow up on the coding score - I will talk to the tester. From our quick conversation after the session (oblique since DS was in the room), that was the section where he lost interest.

His fine motor skills and handwriting seem age-appropriate. He completes the basic worksheets (circle the pictures that start with A and write ANT or APPLE) in 2-3 minutes if I stand over him. But, he does try to get out of any writing so I would like to investigate any possible issue.

We tested privately through a local university with a gifted program. We will be sharing the report with the school since the tester strongly recommended higher-level work as well as "qualitatively different work that is challenging."

We do enrich (math and science in particular) at home and have been asking for differentiation, and offering materials, for months. The teacher has been resisting, saying it's not fair to the other kids. (Even beyond academics - he has a wedge cushion which helps him sit still at the table. But she does most of her instruction on the floor and doesn't want him to use it there, because the other kids will want one. And so he squirms, and she is frustrated.)

Since there are no programs or policies I can find in writing, our next step is to go back to the instructional supervisor and possibly the principal with this assessment, and ask what they can offer.