I'm not in Denver so I can't help you there, but I'm curious about something - do you feel like your ds is getting help with his dyslexia? Even if you don't ultimately move, once he's had some success with remediating his dyslexia, you might find his abilities start to shine across the board in a way that helps him become eligible for gt services and/or acceleration etc wherever you live. Elementary school was a really frustrating experience for our dd, but by the time he was in middle school he was finally in a place with accommodations where things really started coming together in a way that he was able to show teachers what he was capable of intellectually without stumbling over the 2e side of things.

That said, finding a school that was willing to let him use his AT and also willing to give him a chance to be accelerated was also a huge part of the key, so no, I don't think you're crazy to think of leaving a "good" school district. I'd just be really careful about it and be sure to talk to as many parents of other 2e kids as you can at the new schools you are considering.

Best wishes,

polarbear