Good morning everyone.

Just hoping to grab some quick info from anyone from this area or anyone who has researched this area.

I have a few post about a month ago for anyone interested in the back story ( cory post here)
But the jest of it: DS(10) just received the dx of ADHD-I and dyslexic. He has in the past and currently been id'd as gifted (but scores are right on the borderline range).

We are currently in a great school district (Fairfax County)but feel that our son's needs are being greatly overlooked. He sits in a bad position it seems. Does well enough to were he doesn't seem like he has any issues (decent grades) - but does not do well enough to get into the really great programs.In Ohio- he was in the gifted program, but in Virginia he doesn't make the cut off. So he is adrift for lack of better words.

We have an opportunity to move to the Denver Colorado area and so just trying to see if that may be a better fit. It is our choice for the most part so we can go or stay.

It seems crazy to intentional leave one of the best school districts in the nation for something else- but I am wondering if another place may in fact be a better fit. There are no great local resources for my son here (private tutoring is about it)and it would be awesome to find a place that has set resources and schools meant to deal with exactly my sons issues.

So basically- would we be crazy for leaving the great school district and any info about Denver would be appreciated.

Last edited by jolene77; 04/02/12 05:44 AM.