Thanks for the replies. The private testing agency was highly recommended, but I didn't know my DGS was the 1st gifted child she tested. To her credit, she stayed up late all weekend researching the test to come to the conclusion she didn't trust the results.

We are Cherokee, and the tester is writing a referral so our pediatrician at the Indian Health Service can become involved. We are hoping to get a referral for the additional testing from them that will be at no cost to us. IHS also provides free vision care so we can start the vision screenings, etc. I will ask for a referral to a neuropsych as well.

polarbear - We see only some of the behavior issues at home. Perfectionism is a real bear at home and at school. We know he is highly gifted by his verbal prowess, his deep thoughts about such things as infinity, gravity and now what makes tornadoes suck things up - the technical stuff (nothing with easy answers). The tester noticed this as well and he had very high scores in similarities, picture arrangement, vocabulary and comprehension. He is very, very busy and cannot comprehend much if he is forced to sit still, so ADHD is a very real possibility.
Glad to hear the WJ-III tests gave you good information. We will start there and see what the pediatrician recommends on Friday.
Thanks for the advice and this roller coaster is already giving me a headache.