My DGS6 was just tested with the WISC. I assumed the private tester used WISC-IV, as its been around for almost a decade. No, she used the WISC-III. I did a lot of research about the IV, and know very little about the III.

Anyway, she is going to test him next week with the Woodcock Johnson III - both the ability and achievements as she has concerns about the WISc results. She believes it underestimated his abilities by a lot, probably due to a LD of some type, ASD, ADHD, or some combination of the above. His subtest scores were all over the map and had a scatter of 12. He is only testing in the 3rd percentile in processing speed but above the 99th in similarities.

I do not even know where to begin with the school. He has been having behavior issues, but his teachers say he is the smartest kid in his class, but underachieving. Any suggestions on where to go from here? He hates school, says reading makes his head hurt and has the attention span of a gnat unless it's something HE wants to do and then it's hard to make him quit.

At a loss.