Thank you all for all of your responses! My ds does not have major problems in the classroom this year (last year he seemed to have some random outbursts) but he does have some issues sitting still especially lately and ds is saying how easy the work is so I am just hoping that it won't get any worse. The school he attends has one day/week pull out for 1-3rd grade so I'm not sure if he would really be missing out on anything and I take some comfort in knowing that all the teachers at the school are gifted certified. He does not have any visual processing problems as he was tested before kindergarten (hes in 1st now) and scored in 87% visual processing on the Woodcock Johnson III.

The school psychologist seems pretty confident in her scoring on the RIAS but said that she would test again next year as it could change by a few points and he would be turning 8 which is a better age for testing. I am thinking to wait and see the next time around and if again he misses the mark by a few points to see what my options are with the school and possibly have him tested privately with WISC-IV.