Just got back from the meeting to discuss the results of my son's RIAS scores and I'm not quite sure what to make of all of this. My ds has proven to be an extremely bright child in school and was recommended to be tested for gifted. He is the top reader in his first grade class and is reading at about a 4th grade level. His district requirements in math and reading both scoring 100 which is well above the class/grade level and district average. He scored 125 on the KBIT II (not sure what that is all about but told it is above average). The problem I am wondering is regarding his RIAS test where he scored a VIX of 133 and NIX of 116 putting his CIX at 128...just missing the gifted program requirement of 130. They do plan to re-test next year so I am thinking to wait until next year to see how the re-test comes out or if there is something else I should do? There is no doubt that he is gifted and I would like for his needs to be met so I want to be the advocate for him but I am not sure I would know how.