An ACCELERATED Everyday Math curriculum should be fine -- if they're willing to have him two or three levels above his grade level. If they're wanting to keep him ON grade level, it won't be good (but that would be true for just about any math program). My DD8 does Everyday Math, but she's currently in the 4th grade level of it (she's a second grader now). She does just fine. I teach Everyday Math in my self-contained 4th and 5th grade GT class (I teach one grade level above, so the Level 5 and Level 6 books) and my students are sufficiently challenged. However, I'm not "religious" about it, in that I tell my students that I don't care how they "get" an answer (in terms of which algorithm is used) -- I'm just looking for a correct answer. I also don't spend 30 minutes teaching a lesson that my students understand in the first five minutes, and much of the "work with a partner" stuff is completed independently by my students. I went from teaching Singapore Math for a number of years to teaching Everyday Math last year and this year. If I were to compare the difficulty of content in equivalent grade levels of Singapore and EM, the EM content is actually much more difficult. EM 6 is like a full Pre-Algebra curriculum. So, if they're willing to keep your son in an accelerated version of it and you get the sense that they'll "let him be" in terms of algorithms, he'll be fine.